Live Track - Past 90 daysDistance Sailed to date - 15,383Nm
Download Email Maximum of 160 characters and you cannot include images, as this is a Short Message Service only. Download
Download our track Email us OffShore SMS us OffShore Download GoEast tracks

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

More jobs to be done

So you think all the work is done the 'Skipper' must be kicking back doing absolutely nothing. Well you would be wrong. The 'Owner' has given me a list of jobs a mile long. Teak to clean, decks to clean and polish, salter water wash to install, dingy to paint and inside of boat to clean and organise. If this was not enough I agreed to be Santa at a the South Hobart play group.

I can feel your surprise from here. Not about the list of predictable jobs handed out by the 'Owner' but rather the gig as Santa. Well without going into detail this decision involved John Sandows ex-Girlfriend, a dinner party, two grandchildren and two bottles of red wine. I could leave it to your imagination, however, when you see a friend in need, and believe me John was trying to get out of this in the most polite manner, and you have drunk the best part of a bottle of red then the words "Do not worry I will be Santa" just seems to roll of the tongue. So there you have it, I was Santa for one morning. I handed out presents and only made one little girl cry. Apart from this there were two stand out events on the day. One was when a mother asked me to cuddle her two year old daughter so she could get a photo graph and the other was the three year old who told me as I made my exit "That I was not the real Santa". The first event was most surprising and in this day and age DANGEROUS, while the second proves that all the world is a critic even if you are only three years old.

We are waiting for the reviews of my performance, however, I have it on good authority that I did OK and was almost believable. Since a picture speaks a thousand words I will leave it to you to decide.

HO! HO! HO!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Santa with his little helper Chris Sandow

No comments:

Post a Comment