Live Track - Past 90 daysDistance Sailed to date - 15,383Nm
Download Email Maximum of 160 characters and you cannot include images, as this is a Short Message Service only. Download
Download our track Email us OffShore SMS us OffShore Download GoEast tracks

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Racing results

The results are a bit belated but it's taken a while to come to terms with a loss on handicap. The Bloke's boat (SeXtant) beat Fresh even though we crossed the line 20 minutes earlier.

It was absolutely exhilarating and I must confess I messed up on the very first tack. Being mindful of the giant boom, the moment of hesitation in scrambling across the coach roof to the other side of the boat left me at a very adverse angle and only the speedy work of other crew members saved the day when they dragged me by the armpits to the other side. Wow what a heel. We are always mindful of not spilling the wine aboard Zofia! 

I didn't make THAT mistake a second time and it didn't cost us the race. Sadly it was quite close to the congestion at the start and my blunder was witnessed by the Bloke! I'm still living it down.

Thanks for the photo's Sally... what a brilliant day!

 A quiet moment


 The 2014 crew of 'Fresh' with a visitor. Luckily my Musto kit matched theirs perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment