Live Track - Past 90 daysDistance Sailed to date - 15,383Nm
Download Email Maximum of 160 characters and you cannot include images, as this is a Short Message Service only. Download
Download our track Email us OffShore SMS us OffShore Download GoEast tracks

Monday, November 17, 2014

Sausage Roll - Table of Fame November 2014

The Bloke here,



A disappointing month so far. Several of you have asked if I have gone off the little bundles of joy because there have been no reports of new delights in the sausage roll department. Well I can assure you that I still crave sausage rolls. Since leaving King Island, however, there have been no sausage rolls worthy of a mention. Indeed in several ports there have been no sausage rolls at all.

In Stanley the only offering came in a packet, out of a pie warmer and from a undisclosed location. Not worth wasting any calories here. Wynyard showed more promise, as I came across bakery in the back streets. I entered with anticipation but left with only disappointment. The offering where so small that when I ordered ONE the attendant gave me a look that said "This is not worth the trouble" and she was correct. Small and tasteless and too small to even qualify as a sausage roll. A larger location like Devonport should have created something that could at least be considered. The backer, in the only bakery I could find,  had obviously done his apprenticeship in Wynyard , because again the offering was small and tasteless. A non qualifier and definitely not worthy of any rating. In the Tamar river it was impossible to find a sausage roll at all. We did travel to Launceston, however, any thing they had to offer was far out weighed by the need to spend lots of money at the Chandler's.

Our passage down the East Coast has of course taken us away from civilisation, you know those places that make sausage rolls, have coffee in cups and sell 'The Australian" newspaper. So I have had nothing to report for November, other than the blog mistress took pity on me and made me some of the BEST sausage rolls I have ever had. Now given that I was desperate, I may be over stating their quality, however, hot or cold they were great.

Now it is on to Hobart and to say that Tasmania's reputation hangs in the balance is an under statement. Forget the beer, scenery and that yacht race, if they can not come up with a reasonable sausage roll then no amount of glitz tourist promotion will save the apple Isle.

Table of Fame


2 comments: