Live Track - Past 90 daysDistance Sailed to date - 15,383Nm
Download Email Maximum of 160 characters and you cannot include images, as this is a Short Message Service only. Download
Download our track Email us OffShore SMS us OffShore Download GoEast tracks

Monday, March 23, 2015

How Long is a Piece of String?

Some passages are reasonably uneventful and conditions make it possible for me to simply admire the Blokes wonderful skippering while simultaneously occupying myself with another task. Raising the anchor at Trousers Bay I noticed that some whipping had come undone on the snubber. I felt inspired to make a repair and set to work. So far, I've whipped the end of almost everything on the boat barring the Blokes end.

I needed something a bit more 'heavy duty' than the regular whipping twine and sought out an enormous spool of cord we'd purchased, what seems like a zillion miles away, in Port Lincoln. I dont know how, but the spool's end came away and caused this.

Some jobs start off small and then things go wrong.
 
With any luck we won't ever need 200 continuous metres of twine. Somewhere towards the beginning, middle or end, there's now a bit missing. Oooops!

No comments:

Post a Comment