Live Track - Past 90 daysDistance Sailed to date - 15,383Nm
Download Email Maximum of 160 characters and you cannot include images, as this is a Short Message Service only. Download
Download our track Email us OffShore SMS us OffShore Download GoEast tracks

Friday, March 27, 2015

Sausage roll table of fame - Update March 2015

The Bloke here,

Well you have not heard much about sausage rolls lately and you would be forgiven for thinking that I had fallen out of love with those tasty morsels and had been seduced by the Tasmanian Curried Scallop Pie. I would admit that at times I was tempted by their seductive flavour and alluring shape, however I have remained faithful to my first love and the sausage roll is still my favourite mistress.

Seductive Curried Scallop Pies.
Petty Sessions - Franklin.

The sausage roll from  Jackman and McRoss is a standout and I have sampled it many times. Marvelous Miles however, had other ideas and introduced me to a new suitor. Trying to temp me away from my current love by introducing the very flavoursome Moroccan sausage roll from Daci and Daci His attempt, although worthy, was not successful, Jackman and McRoss still remain at number one, however the Moroccan sausage roll comes in at number two.


Miles tempsme from my current love
My current love

The Orford Angus Beef sausage roll was recently sampled and while a good, almost fantastic sausage roll, the pastry was a little too sweet. The filling and form were great and as a result the roll now appears at number 6.

A worthy roll but not tempting enough.




You will remember that Tasmania's reputation hung in the balance -

"Now it is on to Hobart and to say that Tasmania's reputation hangs in the balance is an under-statement. Forget the beer, scenery and that yacht race, if they can not come up with a reasonable sausage roll then no amount of glitz or tourist promotion will save the Apple Isle." (blog - November, 2014).

Well Tasmania came through and its reputation stands tall. We have crossed Bass Strait again and now stand on the verge of sampling more of the sausage roll delights of the 'North Island'. No matter what happens from now on, I will never forget the delightful sausage rolls of Tasmania. It was worth the trouble of sailing there and the people, that yacht race and the scenery were great too.

Table of Fame

No comments:

Post a Comment