Live Track - Past 90 daysDistance Sailed to date - 15,383Nm
Download Email Maximum of 160 characters and you cannot include images, as this is a Short Message Service only. Download
Download our track Email us OffShore SMS us OffShore Download GoEast tracks

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Excuse Me .. I Made Your Earrings!

Having broken our return flight from Perth to Sydney with an Adelaide stopover, there were an number of flight options for the Adelaide-Sydney leg. It seems that once in the eastern states, flights between the capitals are frequent although the planes can sometimes be considerably smaller than the transcontinental Perth-Melbourne or Perth-Sydney flights. Our booking had us seated in row 7. Typically we feel that we are walking half way to our destination as we are either seated in the back row or near to it. On this basis The Bloke was most concerned that we could be flying in a Dash 8 or Cessna rather than a 'proper plane'. Row 7, if near the back, was a bad omen.

Luckily for me, row 7 was roughly mid-ships for our flight from Adelaide to Sydney else I'd be 'hearing' about it from The Bloke through the duration of the flight. The plane was definitely on the small side and seating a little more compact and allowing for a bit more interaction with other passengers.

While waiting to disembark, the passenger behind us chirped up and said "Excuse me, I made your earrings.". Yes, really!

My favourite earrings.

You don't hear that everyday. I was wearing a pair of red anodized aluminium earrings that were gift from my daughter-in-law, Emma. I knew that they'd been created by a Perth designer who, by weird coincidence, had been sitting behind me on a plane from Adelaide to Sydney. She recognised her pieces and spoke up. It's anyone's guess as to who was the more surprised.

Sydney airport.
Robin Wells showed me HER earrings too.

No comments:

Post a Comment